Thursday, September 13, 2007

Best job in the guild


Here is a photo of a corner of my sewing room. This is the guild
library. (Part of my stash is on the shelves above--and I keep my
own personal books across the room so they don't get mixed up.)
I haven't counted all the books but I would guess its in the
hundreds. I bring around 20 different books every meeting
(twice a month) and sometimes members come over to browse.
My budget this year is $350. I am in the process now of taking
inventory and removing the outdated books. Next week we are
having an auction to sell them at our guild meeting.

Each evening I have been doing one of three things depending
on how I feel.
1. Piecing my black, white and red
2. cutting scraps
3. finishing hand work on the binding on my Trip-around-the-world

I have ADD (made worse by menopause!!!) so I like to have
many things going at once. I try to give myself a limit on
the number of projects that I am activly working on at once
so I am not completely all over the place.

Last nights guild meeting was a lecture by Peg Bingham.
She will be teaching a class this Saturday on one of her
celtic patterns. I took a class from her a few years ago
and she is delightful. Last time I made just a small table
topper but this time I am making a twin size quilt with
Christmas fabrics. You can see the fabrics in my Aug 20
post. I'll be sure to take pics and share them.

Until next time...
Susie

1 comment:

Mar said...

Oh sure wish you could have gone to the C&T sale, you would have made a HAUL!! Like you I always have to have 3 or 4 projects going. Anxious to see how your newest one will turn out.