Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mystery for Bee

I am either brave or stupid!
I am running a mystery for the members of my bee.
Eight other women are trusting me to make this quilt sight-unseen.
I found a great pattern and of course I had to make it a little larger.
(The pattern was for a square quilt and I am making it more rectangular).
This makes it harder to figure out the yardage and the number of
pieces to cut.
I like mysteries that are harder to figure out until the very end.

Let me tell you I am losing sleep over this.
I have checked and re-checked my figures.
I am pretty sure I have it right.

We are on step three so far.
Above are my fabrics and below are some of the pieces.

Everyone wanted to use fabrics from their stash, which I agree with since
they don't know what it will look like. I gave them guidelines like a print,
a dark, an accent, and a background. We needed two yards of the dark
and the print which made it limiting (for me at least) to find large enough
pieces that would coordinate.
I know they will like this quilt, and I'll keep updating as we go.

Until next time...
Susie

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh keep us posted! I can't wait to see it! And I hope we get pics of all of them! What fun!

Floss said...

Looks like fun. I would find it hard to pull the fabric required from my stash. If it all went together it wouldn't be in there in the first place :)
Keep us posted.

mar said...

love your fabric choices, I love a good mystery!