Being the rebel I am, I changed the last block for the
Carolina Crossroads Mystery around a bit. I thought the large
white squares surrounded by all that dark made the stars
disappear. So I figured out a way to lighten up that block with
the minimum amount of work. Luckily I hadn't put that block
together yet when I saw the reveal of the final quilt. All I
had to do was make 25 more nine patches with red on the
corners and dark in the center for the centers of step 7. I
actually used the 25 light squares I had previously cut for
the small lights in these nine-patches, so I didn't really
have any waste. I turned the rails outward and also turned
the red-in-the-corner nines outward too. I like it. Depending
on how big this turns out I might not even put a border on it.
I am also thinking about donating it to our quilt bingo for
one of the prizes.
I will finish putting this together this weekend at RETREAT.
This time tomorrow I will have the car all packed and be on
Until next time...