Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mystery blocks--Shhhhh




Mystery blocks A, B, and C.

If some of you recognize these blocks and how they go
together, please don't tell for a few weeks. I will announce
the pattern and the designer after I let my bee put theirs
together. Those that are going on our retreat next week
will know the answers, but those that aren't going will
have to wait until we get back.

And speaking of the retreat....7 days and counting!!!!!
I love the weeks before almost as much as the actual
retreat itself. The planning and organizing and anticipation
is so exciting! I basted my celtic Christmas quilt at the
guild meeting last night (see Sept 17 post) so I will be
machine quilting that. I will stitch in the ditch around
the knots and just stipple all the background. It should
go fast. Especially with no distraction (except visiting
the snack table!) I have to remember to stop by
Tomorrow's Treasures tonight to buy some red and
green varigated thread.

I have lots of projects planned to work on but will save
them fo to blog about later.

This weekend will be busy as our guild Quilt Bingo
is on Sunday. I've never played Bingo and instead of cash
all the prizes are handmade quilts. I am working and not
playing but it should be fun and hopefully a big fundraiser
for the guild.

Until next time...
Susie

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I can't wait to see how they go together!

Beertje Zonn said...

Beautiful your blocks!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands