Monday, July 7, 2008

Kutztown quilts

Lots of pics here today.
I went to visit my sister-in-law in Easton PA this
weekend and she took me to the Kutztown Festival.
What fun! We missed the quilt auction but heard that
the top priced one went for $7600. I would have loved
to see that one. The first pic is just one side of the big
building with quilts, quilts, quilts, all for sale. They
had lots of experts available to open any that you were
interested in. Both my SIL and her sister are not
quilters so they were duly impressed that I knew the
names of most of the patterns. The rest of the pics are
just some that caught my eye. Enjoy.





It wasn't just a quilt show, for those who are not familiar.
It is in Pennsylvania Dutch country so you can imagine
the food...oh my...the food. We had ox for lunch and
apple dumplings and homemade pretzels and shoo fly pie
and home made kettle corn, made right there in big
caldrons. Lots of crafts and homemade jams, pickles,
herbs etc. I saw something I hadn't seen since I was a kid;
you take a lemon, cut the top off and stick in a peppermint
stick and suck on it like a straw. Yummmmmmmm.
We're definitely going back next year.

Until next time...
Susie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What amazing photo's so many quilts and so pretty. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Mary Johnson said...

Pretty quilts!

We leave on Saturday on Serenade of the Seas from Vancouver - I'm sure it's going to be a great trip. Have a wonderful time - I will too and we can compare photos when we get home.

Teresa said...

WOW...how inspiring to see all those gorgeous quilts. Thanks for sharing the pictures!