Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrrrrr

Don't my dogs look cozy and warm? Every time we make a fire, they plop themselves down for a nap. It kinda makes it hard to tend the fire but it must be some primal instinct that draws them close.

I read my blogs while I'm eating my breakfast. This morning, both Mary in Minnesota and Judy in Missouri have talked about how cold it is. Well, here in DC, it is, what my husband calls, "stupid cold". (Of course, he thinks anything below 70 is cold.) I am starting a four-day weekend thanks to Martin Luther King and Barack Hussein Obama.

I do plan on some serious quilting this weekend. I have to finish two quilts for our show in March and don't want to wait until the last minute. Here is a tiny portion of one of my entries. You'll have to wait until the show for the whole picture. If anyone recognizes it please don't tell. This quilt is so striking and different, I don't want to spoil the visual impact.
I am hosting a mini-retreat at my house on Monday. Just my bee coming over to sew. We'll put tables up in the living room and family room and sew from morning 'till night.
I'll report on that on Tuesday.

Until next time...
Susie

5 comments:

kansaswx said...

ooohhh, can't wait to see that quilt. I think I'm going to sneak over on Monday and just act like I'm part of your bee.

Teresa said...

I don't know about the whole quilt, but I love the tumbler block pattern and have been wanting to make one of those. I do like your colors even if they look c-c-c=old like your weather outside. Your puppies make me want to take a nap!

julieQ said...

Brrr indeed! I am glad your doggies and nice and snuggy. It will be fun to see your quilt!

Elaine Adair said...

Was reading about your friend who sewed with an adventurous spirit - "you never learn anything until you have made amistake." Be BRAVE and forge ahead, making your own path!

Oh yeah, and stay warm!

The Calico Cat said...

All I'll say is that I need to work on Ping... (My taupe quilt.)