Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Naming Quilts

Judy, at Patchwork Times, has a post today about naming quilts. That decided for me what I would post about today too.

During my sequestered New Years' weekend. I finished this quilt, and while I was working on it, I was thinking of names. I kept calling it Mary's triangles or blue scrap but it needed a formal name. See the basic block here and here.

Let's back track just a little so I can tell you I got a cute pink iPod for Christmas. I am having fun loading it with all the crazy eclectic music that I like, from classical to show tunes to rock. So I plugged it into the speakers that my son gave me, cranked up really loud, I might add, and was listening to my all time favorite album from the 70s when I was in college. I was quilting away when the name finally came to me! Duh...Moody Blues! I want the name to be a little happier so the official name is Merry Moody Blues.
Ha, how's that? I love it when that happens.

Until next time...
Susie

6 comments:

kansaswx said...

Merry Moody Blues makes me think there should be some green or red hidden somewhere! It's a gorgeous quilt. I have such trouble naming quilts. I think I'll add that to my NY resolutions, "make and name X number of quilts".

Elaine Adair said...

Oh gosh - it turned out gorgeous!!! I have your previous post kept as NEW because I have a good start on YOUR plan. I had no idea it would be this gorgeous! Inspires me to finish mine.

Name? no suggestions .. but I sure DO LOVE naming my quilts.

Elaine Adair said...

I returned to see what clever name someone came up with but no helpers!

How about, "No More Blues" since it appears you used up all your scrappy blues?

Mary Johnson said...

I had to laugh first because I'm currently calling my Mary's Triangles quilt - the RWB quilt and second, because Keith is a Moody Blues fan too.

The quilt looks great and I'm terrible at naming quilts. When I do come up with something creative, I tend to forget the name...descriptive works best for me.

Jess said...

Wow! Very nice work! I like the name Broken China Blues.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.