Friday, April 25, 2008

More Quilt Show Eye Candy


Remember this quilt? It is called
confetti and I made it in a class
by Norma Campbell. Well,
Georgia made this one (below)
using bright squares and black
background. It is stunning!





This one below was a block-of-the-month at our guild last year.

Geri won them and made this cute quilt. The borders
are embroidered applique and compliment the
blocks perfectly. I haven't participated in the BOMs
this year but seeing the cute quilts that people have
been putting together makes me regret that.

Marion made this one (above) with string blocks for
the star centers. The inner border is surrounded
by a black & white stripe that she cut tiny to look
like squares. She cleverly uses stripes alot in her
borders and they always look fantastic.

Until next time...
Susie

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love BOTH confetti quilts! Great job.

Mary Johnson said...

The string quilt looks great - I posted the link on the HeartStrings site. Thanks for sharing.

Rose Marie said...

Lovely eye candy ..... thanks for sharing them with us. I work a lot with stripes, too, and the quilt with the tiny stripes in the border is a great idea for me.

Helen in the UK said...

All great quilts, but particularly like the string stars :)

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the quilts. They are all great and it would be hard to pick a favorite - but I think I like the white confetti one best...but then ask me tomorrow and it might be a different one.