Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stash

Here are my two white shelves together. The corner
still looks bare. Maybe that's because the rest of the
room is still so cluttered. Notice I didn't photograph
that! I am amazed at how small my stash looks when
I spread it out. Does this mean I have to buy more
fabric???!!! I didn't refold it all but I still feel a little
more organized. There are still a few more piles of
fabric to file. The piles on the right shelves above that
cute little button lamp is all my Christmas fabric and
the small shelves on the far left holds miscellaneous
fabric like panels and groups that go together. The
skinny plastic drawers are the beginnings of my scraps.
I am using Bonnie Hunter's scrap organizing system and
have the drawers labeled for 2", 2.5", 3", 3.5" strips and
squares and the bottom drawer is labeled large scraps.
These are the pieces that I can't bear to cut because
what if I need a 6" square, yada, yada, yada!

My neice's bridal shower is this weekend and I am
slooooowly sewing the binding on her quilt. I'll finish
it and then...on to the next one. Yay!

Until next time...
Susie

2 comments:

Sara said...

If that is a small stash, then mine isn't even considered a stash, just some scraps!! Love your work!

kansaswx said...

It's a small stash! You need to come over and look at mine!