Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ain't it the truth!


I have often wondered what I would be doing if I didn't quilt.
I have some friends whose hobby is decorating their homes.
And some friends who are gourmet cooks or very organized.

Well, I am a quilter. And those of you who are also quilters
understand what that means. For me, it means that I would
rather be sewing than just about anything else. I use quilting
as a creative outlet, as a way to love the recipients of my
quilts, as a social network with my wonderful quilting friends,
as a way to give back to my community and as an escape.
When I am quilting, I mean really immersed in a project,
the world falls away. Yet, sometimes I think about and
sort through problems. Many times I pray for people on my
prayer list. I listen to inspiring music or watch my regular
TV shows. No matter what, I am grateful that I have such
a passion.

And what would I be doing if I didn't quilt?
Probably nothing as fulfiilling.

Until next time...
Susie

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

My thoughts exactly! And don't we feel just a wee bit sorry for people who aren't quilters? LOL

Sew Create It - Jane said...

You summed it up beautifully! That's just how I feel...
Great quilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I agree! I love the little quilty quilt!

Lindah said...

So true, so true! My experience exactly.
I have just found your blog and I must say, this post is an excellent introduction for me. I'm a quilter who has been around the frame a few times with grown-up chicks and a very dear hubby.
Looking forward to visiting again soon.