Friday, January 11, 2008

Thank you, hun

Remember my quilt rescue post? Well, Mary gave me this beautiful
Jim Shore Angel to thank me for quilting her quilt.

You can see it here next to some Christmas decorations that I swear
will be all put away by noon tomorrow. That is, if I don't start
Step six of the Carolina Crossroads Mystery and can't stop 'til I'm done!

Last night at the Friendship Quilters Guild (just south of Baltimore)
was a blast. I grew up in Baltimore Hun, and felt right at home.
(the "hun" is an inside Baltimore joke). We combined a program
with two other guilds and had Eternal, Southern, Friendship, night.
Two members from each guild showed some of their quilts.
It is amazing and inspiring to see all the local, talented quilters.

I met the woman who won my quilt at our quilt Bingo in
September. It is so nice to donate a quilt and then hear how
excited the person is who got it. That sounds a bit off huh?
It is just as nice to donate quilts anonymously too, without
any credit or acknowledgement.

That reminds me, I want to make another soldier quilt for QOV.

This is called Stars & Bars and goes together really quickly,
especially since I have made five of them!

Well, my weekend is planned!

Until next time...
Susie

No comments: